The Tahoe Truckee Excellence in Education Foundation enhances public education within the Tahoe Truckee Unified School District to strengthen the learning experience for students.
The following are the procedures for the Grant Cycle:
- Grants are accepted until Monday, October 24 through www.ExinEd.org
- Grants are submitted by staff and parents (parents must have a staff member as a co-writer of the grant) of the TTUSD.
- Applicants must review and adhere to Grant Check List.
- Without exception, all grants are to be signed by the administrator of the school site.
- Site Councils review and prioritize the grants to be submitted to their site.
- Grants are reviewed by TTEEF board members from the Allocations and Site Liaison Committees.
- Grants are awarded on an individual basis regardless of grade level and academic area, the frequency of submissions from a particular site or total dollars requested at each site.
- The entire Excellence in Education board votes to approve grants recommended by the above committees.
- All grants should reflect an understanding of 21st-century learning.
- Overall goal of the project.
- Degree the project/program directly engages students.
- Sustainability of the project/program without the need for long-term funding.
- Scope of impact created by the project/program.
- Emphasis on common core standards and district-wide initiatives.
- Degree to which the project/program is able to measure its success through either objective or subjective means.
- The Foundation will consider funding consumable items that are tied to curriculum (i.e. Foss Kits, art supplies, magazine subscriptions) with a maximum of $400 per class allowed.
- We are not funding individual requests for classroom sets for hardware such as iPads, iPods, laptops, tablets etc.
- E-Learning grant requests must be in alignment with district technology vision and common core goals. These requests will be reviewed by the District Technology Committee for input.
- We acknowledge that some grant requests, particularly technology-oriented ones, fall into a “gray area.” Please contact your site liaison or the Foundation directly to ask clarifying questions. Our goal is to work within the TTUSD technology and facility bond plan and timeline.*
We generally do not fund the following:
- Extracurricular activities
- Field trips
- Salaries, stipends or payment for services
- Reimbursed items
- Grants not ranked by the school site or site council
- Travel expenses
- Playground structures
Once grants are awarded they will be sent to the TTUSD office for disbursement. Grant recipients have until the end of TTUSD’s fiscal year to spend the funds. Requests for time extensions must be submitted in writing to the Excellence in Education for approval. Should a grant not be utilized or the funds not fully spent, the funds are returned to Excellence in Education to be used for future grants. All grants become the property of TTUSD and the awarded site. Should a grant recipient leave a site or transfer to another site, the grant remains at the originally awarded site.
* We will take the following plan and timeline into consideration when reviewing grant requests. Please call the Foundation if you have questions regarding a grant application.
Facility upgrades for the classroom as part of Measures E and U:
- Sound amplification systems
- Document cameras
- Sound systems
- Flexible furniture
- Large format projection
- Greenhouses at Tahoe Lake Elementary, Kings Beach Elementary, and Truckee Elementary
Timing of projects:
Spring 2017 Projects
- Truckee High School -Phase 2: New Construction/Modernization/21st Century Learning
- Tahoe Lake Elementary School: New Construction/Modernization/21st Century Learning
Spring 2018 Projects
- Truckee Elementary School: New Construction/Modernization/21st Century Learning
- Donner Trail Elementary School: New Classrooms/Modernization/21st Century Learning
- Kings Beach Elementary School: New Construction/Modernization/21st Century Learning
Spring 2020 Projects
- North Tahoe High School: New Band Room/Modernization/21st Century Learning
- North Tahoe School: Band Room Enhancements/Modernization/21st Century Learning