- Fundraising Programs
- Fellows/Star Awards
- Board of Directors
- Tahoe Truckee Reads
Grant Giving Program
October 28, 2013 - 12:00pm
Excellence in Education fall grant cycle is now closed to submissions. Thanks to all applicants!
The Grant Giving Program is funded by Skiing for Schools, Dining for Schools, Golfing for Schools, Home Tour and Endowment Fund interest, as well as by corporate and individual donations. Grant requests from teachers are reviewed annually, through a competitive, selective application process. Grant monies support programs that are specifically designed for students: to promote their interest in learning, to give them hands-on learning experiences and to encourage quality academic performance. Students in every school within the District have benefited from these grants.
The Foundation continually seeks to balance our grant giving in three ways: funding at all grade levels; funding at all school sites; and funding for all academic disciplines.
Please click here for 2013 Fall Grant Criteria. The basic selection criteria are:
- The degree of curriculum enhancement in an area of demonstrated need
- The degree of the project / program that directly engages students
- The longevity of the project / program without requiring additional funds
- The number of youth directly / indirectly involved; and,
- How can the project / program measure its success through objective or subjective means.
Beginning in the academic year 1991 - 1992, seven grants were awarded for a total of $7,500. During the 2012-13 academic year, the Foundation funded over $200,000 in grants and educator awards. Over the past 24 years, the Foundation has awarded over $2,500,000 in grants to the classrooms and programs of TTUSD.